DHAKA: In the golden jubilee year of Bangladesh’s independence, its ties with India remain robust despite ups and downs. Last week, India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid a two-day visit to be part of the celebrations: this is Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman’s birth centenary year as well. StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale who was in Dhaka caught up with Ayesha Kabir, Head of the English web edition of ‘Prothom Alo’, a popular news portal. The India-Bangladesh relationship needs conscious caring for, said Kabir. Irritants remain and things should not be covered up, as she put it. The senior journalist also shared her views on aspirations of the Bangladeshi youth, the state of the media and why misinformation peddled on social media is a “blessing in disguise for the mainstream media”.
- India, The World’s ‘Peacekeeper’
- ‘India Cannot Trust Pak Or China, Should Not Vacate Saltoro Ridge’
- ”China’s Ambitions In Space Are Driven By The Need To Dominate, Marginalise Rivals”
- [email protected]: Irrelevant, Irreplaceable or Reformable ?
- Mapping The Past & Present To Anticipate A Better Future: Authors Of ‘Terra Incognita’