NEW DELHI: The death of Gen. Rawat, India’s first Chief of Defence Staff, has left a considerable unfinished agenda for his successor Gen. Anil Chauhan. While there are no doubts about his competence, does the fact that he had been in retirement before being appointed CDS, an issue? Join us on The Gist, as Lt. Gen. Satish Dua, former Chief of Integrated Defence Staff, breaks down the challenges before Chauhan and what his priorities should be. Dua lists a number of them including theatre commands and the continuing reservation among some services about it. Also the changing nature of warfare with the kinetic seen as less likely compared to the non-kinetic, which may require a degree of reorientation from the men in uniform.
- Identity, Islam, Imran & India: Pakistan’s Long March To…?
- Pak’s Next Army Chief Could Be ‘Straight Arrow’ Asim Munir To Tame Imran
- ‘We Are Getting Hammered For Hambantota, Directly Or Indirectly’
- “Those Trying To Sabotage Afghan-India Ties Won’t Achieve Goal, Taliban Not Controlled By Anyone”
- “Not One Security Incident Directed At India’s Diplomats, Afghanistan Not A Playground For Powers”