NEW DELHI: India lost its first Chief of Defence Staff (CDS)—General Bipin Rawat— to an air crash today. The helicopter carrying the General, his wife Madhulika Rawat and 12 others to the Defence Services Staff College in Wellington crashed minutes before it was to touch down. Twelve others on board lost their lives as well. Group Captain Varun Singh has been hospitalised. StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale remembers Gen. Rawat, India’s longest serving four-star general.
- ”China’s Ambitions In Space Are Driven By The Need To Dominate, Marginalise Rivals”
- [email protected]: Irrelevant, Irreplaceable or Reformable ?
- Mapping The Past & Present To Anticipate A Better Future: Authors Of ‘Terra Incognita’
- Combating China, Broadening Backlash
- Khorasan Files: The Journey Of Indian ‘Islamic State’ Widows