SAMARKAND: The summit of the heads of state of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) in Uzbekistan has ended and the rotating presidency of the bloc has been handed over to India which will host the gathering next year. Addressing the summit, Prime Minister Narendra Modi underlined the import of land connectivity to Central Asia and, without naming Pakistan, took a swipe at Pakistan. The summit was attended by Pakistani PM Shehbaz Sharif and Chinese President Xi Jinping as well. A surprise element: PM Modi’s meeting with Turkish President Erdogan on the sidelines of the summit.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff