NEW DELHI: As the dynamics of war and conflict keep changing and with associated costs escalating, there’s increasing focus on a lean and mean military by optimising the use of assets and personnel. The appointment of Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) two years ago was seen as the first step in that direction. Now there are indications that the contours of two theatre commands could be finalised by the year-end. In this episode of ‘Simply Nitin’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale gives a lowdown on what that could entail.
- ‘The Next Stop Is About India’s Journey To Natural Gas’
- Grants Vs Loans: ‘Developed Nations’ Aid To Developing In $100 Bn Fund Needs Significant Rise’
- ‘Jagmeet Factor’ Could Be Key To Canada’s Election
- It Is Black Or White, Polluters Have To Pay More: Former Mauritius President Ameenah Gurib-Fakim
- Insurgencies & India’s Northeast