NEW DELHI: As the dynamics of war and conflict keep changing and with associated costs escalating, there’s increasing focus on a lean and mean military by optimising the use of assets and personnel. The appointment of Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) two years ago was seen as the first step in that direction. Now there are indications that the contours of two theatre commands could be finalised by the year-end. In this episode of ‘Simply Nitin’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale gives a lowdown on what that could entail.
- Chinese Social Media Spews Venom As India-Made iPhones Go On Sale
- Trudeau’s Vote Bank Politics Exposes Gaping Foreign Policy Holes
- Missing Ministers, PLA Corruption Threaten To Spoil Xi Jinping’s Party
- IMEC A Copy of Belt and Road Initiative, Says China Social Media
- An Economic Corridor That Could Link India, Europe Better