NEW DELHI: As the dynamics of war and conflict keep changing and with associated costs escalating, there’s increasing focus on a lean and mean military by optimising the use of assets and personnel. The appointment of Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) two years ago was seen as the first step in that direction. Now there are indications that the contours of two theatre commands could be finalised by the year-end. In this episode of ‘Simply Nitin’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale gives a lowdown on what that could entail.
August 9, 2022
August 8, 2022
- ‘Little Is Known About Yuan Wang’s Capabilities But The Worst Is Suspected’
- Palestinian Islamic Jihad Is Iran’s Latest ‘Go To’ Force In A Volatile Region
- ‘Pakistan Presents Tough Choices But India Must Take The Lead For Better Relations’
- ‘Complete India Projects On Time To Manage Public Perception In Maldives’
- ‘Onus On Politicians If Disillusioned Maldives’ Youth Take To Radicalisation’
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff