NEW DELHI: Donald Trump has become the first former President in US history to face criminal charges. On Tuesday, he appeared before a court in Manhattan and pleaded not guilty to 34 felony counts of falsifying business records in the run-up to the 2016 elections. This after a jury set up by Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg voted last week to indict Trump. Theoretically, the former President who will seek re-election next year can carry on with his campaign. Even if he is jailed, he could still run for the presidency. But a legal case and trial will be a drag on the presidential campaign and may also dent his image.
December 3, 2023
- Indian Navy’s Engagement In IOR & Indo-Pacific, The TIDES Way
- A Peace Nobel Winner Never At Peace With The World
- Why Indigenous Technology Must Form The Core Of India’s National Security Strategy
- China Challenge: ‘India’s Geopolitics Should Be Threat-Based’
- Nepal’s Pro-King, Pro-Hindu Rallies Mask Deepening Economic Crisis