NEW DELHI: There’s a discernible shift in the approach of Germany, the dominant economy in Europe, to China from what it was 7-8 years ago, says former foreign secretary Vijay Gokhale, who has also served as envoy to both China and Germany. There was a relatively sanguine view of China in Germany during 2015-2016; now there’s greater skepticism and concern, he told StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale on ‘The Gist’. Many European countries are doing a rethink on their China policy and contradictions remain between the traditional west European powers, and eastern & central Europe when it comes to dealing with the China challenge. Tune in for more.
January 25, 2024
January 19, 2024
- Indian Air Force’s China Challenge In Ladakh And A Slice Of Tibet
- The Indian Air Force & The China, Pakistan Two-Front Ladakh Threat: Leh AFS AoC Interview
- DRDO National Asset But Needs Smart Changes
- India’s Infra Thrust To Ladakh: Countering China & Pakistan
- Continuing China Talks But Maintaining Robust LAC Posture: Army Chief