NEW DELHI: Russia had been massing troops along the border with Ukraine for days, if not months, fuelling anxiety and speculation about if and when it would attack its neighbour. The suspense ended on February 24 when Russian troops got the nod to cross the border. The West had warned Russian President Vladimir Putin against any such misadventure, saying the consequences would be severe. The U.S. and its European allies have imposed economic sanctions on Russia and are scaling it up with each day. Why then did Putin take such a big risk? In this episode of ‘Simply Nitin’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale has the answers.
January 25, 2024
January 19, 2024
- Indian Air Force’s China Challenge In Ladakh And A Slice Of Tibet
- The Indian Air Force & The China, Pakistan Two-Front Ladakh Threat: Leh AFS AoC Interview
- DRDO National Asset But Needs Smart Changes
- India’s Infra Thrust To Ladakh: Countering China & Pakistan
- Continuing China Talks But Maintaining Robust LAC Posture: Army Chief