NEW DELHI: One thing that stood out in the run-up to the just concluded assembly elections in Assam was the absence of insurgency dominating the popular discourse. Even political parties refrained from using it as a campaign tool. But rewind a couple of decades and ULFA was the buzzword, dominating the socio-political landscape in Assam and unleashing a reign of terror. In this episode of ‘Simply Nitin’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale chronicles the years when the state, the tea industry in particular, went through the horrors of extortion and killings.
January 25, 2024
January 19, 2024
- Indian Air Force’s China Challenge In Ladakh And A Slice Of Tibet
- The Indian Air Force & The China, Pakistan Two-Front Ladakh Threat: Leh AFS AoC Interview
- DRDO National Asset But Needs Smart Changes
- India’s Infra Thrust To Ladakh: Countering China & Pakistan
- Continuing China Talks But Maintaining Robust LAC Posture: Army Chief