More than 370 Palestinian demonstrators were injured when Israeli forces fired on them in the West Bank. They were protesting illegal land confiscation in Beita town near Nablus. Meanwhile, the UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights says Israeli settlements in east Jerusalem must be designated a war crime. Michael Lynk told the Human Rights Council in Geneva that with more than 300 settlements and 680,000 settlers, Israel has violated the prohibition on transferring its civilian population into occupied territory.
- ‘Pakistan’s Self-Made Crisis Won’t End Anytime Soon’
- Maldives Gets Its Next President But Too Many Ifs Lie Ahead
- ‘Canada Is Not Alone In Challenging India, It Has Powerful Friends’
- Taiwan’s Indigenously Developed Submarine: Haikun
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives