U.S. F-16 fighters from Central Command in Doha buzzed the Afghan capital Kabul in a show of support for beleaguered President Ashraf Ghani as the northern provincial capital of Kunduz fell to the Taliban. This brings to four the total number of provincial capitals now in Taliban hands (Shiberghan and Sar-e-Pul to Kabul’s north west and Zaranj to the south). Spectre gunships and B-52 bombers are also attacking Taliban positions in the south.
- ‘Pakistan’s Self-Made Crisis Won’t End Anytime Soon’
- Maldives Gets Its Next President But Too Many Ifs Lie Ahead
- ‘Canada Is Not Alone In Challenging India, It Has Powerful Friends’
- Taiwan’s Indigenously Developed Submarine: Haikun
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives