U.S. F-16 fighters from Central Command in Doha buzzed the Afghan capital Kabul in a show of support for beleaguered President Ashraf Ghani as the northern provincial capital of Kunduz fell to the Taliban. This brings to four the total number of provincial capitals now in Taliban hands (Shiberghan and Sar-e-Pul to Kabul’s north west and Zaranj to the south). Spectre gunships and B-52 bombers are also attacking Taliban positions in the south.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff