The Taliban says it has captured Islam Qala, a key border crossing with Iran. This was confirmed by Kabul which said operations were underway to recapture the border point, the main conduit for trade between the two countries. Meanwhile, U.S. President Biden has said it is unlikely Kabul will be able to hold the entire country, adding that he “will not send another generation of Americans to war in Afghanistan”.
July 28, 2021
- Indo-Pacific Is A Top Priority, India Relations One Of The Most Consequential: U.S. Says
- U.S. To Stay Engaged In Afghanistan; Ties With India Vital: Blinken
- ‘Blinken’s Visit Underscores India’s Value For US Interests’
- Forcing Sri Lankan Government To Accept The Accord Was A Mistake : Says Former IPKF Chief
- India Should Look Within For Sri Lanka Mess