The Taliban says it has captured Islam Qala, a key border crossing with Iran. This was confirmed by Kabul which said operations were underway to recapture the border point, the main conduit for trade between the two countries. Meanwhile, U.S. President Biden has said it is unlikely Kabul will be able to hold the entire country, adding that he “will not send another generation of Americans to war in Afghanistan”.
- ‘Pakistan’s Self-Made Crisis Won’t End Anytime Soon’
- Maldives Gets Its Next President But Too Many Ifs Lie Ahead
- ‘Canada Is Not Alone In Challenging India, It Has Powerful Friends’
- Taiwan’s Indigenously Developed Submarine: Haikun
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives