Chinese-led foreign companies are buying up tracts of land around military bases in Japan, says local media reports. Around 700 such transactions have been recorded with Chinese funds being invested in highrise buildings that provide a bird’s eye view of Japanese and U.S. military bases. In at least one case, a purchase of land near the U.S. military base in Kanagawa Prefecture was traced to a buyer close to Beijing. Similar transactions have been reported on Okinawa island where the U.S. has a huge base, and in Totori where Japan’s Self-Defence Force has facilities.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff