Colombo has declared a state of emergency after a steep fall in the value of the Sri Lankan rupee (7.5 per cent against US $) led to a spike in food prices. The government says it will take over the supply of essential commodities including sugar and rice and fix prices.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff