U.S. President Joe Biden has upheld former president Donald Trump’s rejection of China’s maritime claims in the South China Sea, and warned that if China attacked the Philippines, the U.S. would respond under the terms of a mutual defence treaty. Secretary of State Anthony Blinken made these remarks on the fifth anniversary of the UNCLOS ruling rejecting China’s claims to the Spratly Islands.
- ‘Pakistan’s Self-Made Crisis Won’t End Anytime Soon’
- Maldives Gets Its Next President But Too Many Ifs Lie Ahead
- ‘Canada Is Not Alone In Challenging India, It Has Powerful Friends’
- Taiwan’s Indigenously Developed Submarine: Haikun
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives