U.S. President Joe Biden has upheld former president Donald Trump’s rejection of China’s maritime claims in the South China Sea, and warned that if China attacked the Philippines, the U.S. would respond under the terms of a mutual defence treaty. Secretary of State Anthony Blinken made these remarks on the fifth anniversary of the UNCLOS ruling rejecting China’s claims to the Spratly Islands.
July 28, 2021
- Indo-Pacific Is A Top Priority, India Relations One Of The Most Consequential: U.S. Says
- U.S. To Stay Engaged In Afghanistan; Ties With India Vital: Blinken
- ‘Blinken’s Visit Underscores India’s Value For US Interests’
- Forcing Sri Lankan Government To Accept The Accord Was A Mistake : Says Former IPKF Chief
- India Should Look Within For Sri Lanka Mess