Pakistan says the B.1.617 variant of the Coronavirus, which was first detected in India, is not present in the country even though it lacks the specialised kits required to detect it. Medical researchers have detected “some unknown strain” of the virus making up 15 per cent of total infections but in the absence of proper kits, nobody knows what it is. Thailand claims to have found the virus in a family that arrived recently from Pakistan but the establishment in Islamabad says that is “out of the question”.
- China Is An enemy, It Wants To Break Apart India: Gordon Chang
- ‘To Draw Investment, Sri Lanka Needs To Send The Right Signals’
- Election Of Hardline Iran President May Not Kill Nuclear Deal
- ‘China May Not Provoke Conflict But Will Strike If Opportunity Presents’
- ‘India Should Not Hold Back From Talking To Nato’