The U.S. opened negotiations with the Taliban based on its judgment that it could not win the war in Afghanistan, former pointsperson Zalmay Khalilzad told CBS in an interview. He said the U.S. chose a calendar-based approach to withdrawal, not one based on the actual ground situation. He also blamed ex-president Ghani for the disintegration of the security forces.
- As US Leads Allies In Making Up With China, India Weighs Its Options
- Critical And Emerging Tech To Drive India-US Ties In Coming Decade
- Nepal’s Ruling Coalition Holds For Now, But Cracks Visible
- ‘An Indian Narrative On Climate Change Is Urgently Needed’
- Indian Navy’s Engagement In IOR & Indo-Pacific, The TIDES Way