The highlight of Prime Minister Modi’s Independence Day address to the nation from the ramparts of Red Fort was a ₹100 lakh crore (100 trillion rupees) Gati Shakti Plan for integrated infrastructure to cut logistics cost and make the economy competitive. It is intended to break the silos between road, rail, air and waterways, facilitate economic zones and boost employment. Another push will boost Green Hydrogen and cut the country’s dependence on imported fuel. This will involve leveraging the country’s landmass, low solar and wind tariffs to produce green hydrogen. Boost for women power: Sainik schools will be opened for girls for the first time.
- As US Leads Allies In Making Up With China, India Weighs Its Options
- Critical And Emerging Tech To Drive India-US Ties In Coming Decade
- Nepal’s Ruling Coalition Holds For Now, But Cracks Visible
- ‘An Indian Narrative On Climate Change Is Urgently Needed’
- Indian Navy’s Engagement In IOR & Indo-Pacific, The TIDES Way