Sikh separatists are continuing to up the ante against India in Europe and the latest target is the Indian mission in Rome. New Delhi lodged a strong protest to Italian authorities as the vandalisation of Indian Embassy in Rome just ahead of India’s Republic Day celebrations on January 26. Reports claim that slogans such as “Khalistan Zindabad” were spray-painted onto the walls and that Khalistani flags were raised in front of the mission. But it isn’t just Italy. India has also lodged protests with Canada over allowing the blockade of the Indian consulate by protesters in Vancouver. Local media reports has stated that the Sikh separatist organisation Sikhs for Justice (SFJ) had announced their intentions days ago but despite this New Delhi claims little action had been carried out by the Vancouver authorities.
- ‘Pakistan’s Self-Made Crisis Won’t End Anytime Soon’
- Maldives Gets Its Next President But Too Many Ifs Lie Ahead
- ‘Canada Is Not Alone In Challenging India, It Has Powerful Friends’
- Taiwan’s Indigenously Developed Submarine: Haikun
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives