Sikh separatists are continuing to up the ante against India in Europe and the latest target is the Indian mission in Rome. New Delhi lodged a strong protest to Italian authorities as the vandalisation of Indian Embassy in Rome just ahead of India’s Republic Day celebrations on January 26. Reports claim that slogans such as “Khalistan Zindabad” were spray-painted onto the walls and that Khalistani flags were raised in front of the mission. But it isn’t just Italy. India has also lodged protests with Canada over allowing the blockade of the Indian consulate by protesters in Vancouver. Local media reports has stated that the Sikh separatist organisation Sikhs for Justice (SFJ) had announced their intentions days ago but despite this New Delhi claims little action had been carried out by the Vancouver authorities.
- Why China Is Playing Hardball In Ladakh
- Shia Cleric Ahead In Iraq Poll But Spoils Will Have To Be Shared
- India Pushes Ambitious Trade Deals, Correction Of ‘Historical Wrongs’
- ‘Indigenous 4G Technology Lays Ground For 5G, It’s Also Secure And Foolproof ‘
- China, Bhutan Deal To Speed Up Border Negotiations: The Back Story