India’s Cabinet Committee on Security has cleared the procurement of 56 C-295 medium transport aircraft to replace the 1961 vintage HS-748 Avro. Airbus Defence Spain will supply 16 fully built aircraft over 48 months once the contract is signed. The balance 40 aircraft will be built jointly by Airbus Defence and Tata Advanced Systems in Hyderabad. This is the first time a military aircraft will be built by a private consortium. The deal is worth $2.5 billion.
June 30, 2022
- A Guide To Contemporary China
- “India Natural Leader Of The Indo-Pacific Region. Australia Excited By Defence Industries Here”
- India Needs Strong Maritime Security System, Says NSA Doval
- ‘Controversy Over Nepal Army Underscores Deeper Political Undercurrents’
- “‘Technical’ Mission Logical Step; Visas, Consular Services, Channels To Opposition Key To Strategy”
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff