India’s Cabinet Committee on Security has cleared the procurement of 56 C-295 medium transport aircraft to replace the 1961 vintage HS-748 Avro. Airbus Defence Spain will supply 16 fully built aircraft over 48 months once the contract is signed. The balance 40 aircraft will be built jointly by Airbus Defence and Tata Advanced Systems in Hyderabad. This is the first time a military aircraft will be built by a private consortium. The deal is worth $2.5 billion.
- ”China’s Ambitions In Space Are Driven By The Need To Dominate, Marginalise Rivals”
- [email protected]: Irrelevant, Irreplaceable or Reformable ?
- Mapping The Past & Present To Anticipate A Better Future: Authors Of ‘Terra Incognita’
- Combating China, Broadening Backlash
- Khorasan Files: The Journey Of Indian ‘Islamic State’ Widows