There’s growing speculation that Afghanistan’s President Ashraf Ghani could announce his resignation by the weekend when he is expected to address the nation. His position has become increasingly untenable given Taliban advances and the gathering choke hold over Kabul. Talks between the Taliban and the U.S. also served to undermine his presidency by lending them legitimacy. Reports said Ismail Khan, who led the fight against the Taliban from Herat, is now in Taliban custody although at his residence.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff