More than 22,000 families have fled Kandahar over the last month to escape fighting in the former Taliban bastion in southern Afghanistan. In the last two weeks alone, according to the Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Commission, 33 religious scholars, tribal elders and journalists have been killed. People captured by the Taliban in the outlying districts of Kandahar have been shot if they were found to have been working for the government.
- ‘Canada Is Not Alone In Challenging India, It Has Powerful Friends’
- Taiwan’s Indigenously Developed Submarine: Haikun
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives
- Dalai Lama, China And The Uncertain Road Ahead For Tibetans
- Xi Jinping’s ‘Organised Loyalty, Entrenched Military Corruption’ & China’s Posture On India Border