Egypt has unveiled a $2.5 billion plan to build 17 desalination plants powered by green energy. Bids have been invited from foreign and domestic investors to join with the country’s sovereign wealth fund to invest in the initiative. Egypt has a deficit of 25 cubic billion metres of water and Ethiopia’s decision to start filling the Grand Renaissance Dam has renewed fears that the waters of the Nile may no longer be available.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff