Egypt has unveiled a $2.5 billion plan to build 17 desalination plants powered by green energy. Bids have been invited from foreign and domestic investors to join with the country’s sovereign wealth fund to invest in the initiative. Egypt has a deficit of 25 cubic billion metres of water and Ethiopia’s decision to start filling the Grand Renaissance Dam has renewed fears that the waters of the Nile may no longer be available.
- A Peace Nobel Winner Never At Peace With The World
- Why Indigenous Technology Must Form The Core Of India’s National Security Strategy
- China Challenge: ‘India’s Geopolitics Should Be Threat-Based’
- Nepal’s Pro-King, Pro-Hindu Rallies Mask Deepening Economic Crisis
- G20 Is The New G7, Says Jaishankar, Wants An Indian Global Narrative