The Omicron variant of the Covid virus is dominant in Indian cities and is at the stage of community transmission. INSACOG (Indian Sars Covid-2 Genomics Consortium) which is studying the variants of the virus also warned that an infectious sub-variant of the virus has been detected called BA.2 in many places. India, with over 3.3 lakh cases, is the second worst hit in the current wave after the United States.
- As US Leads Allies In Making Up With China, India Weighs Its Options
- Critical And Emerging Tech To Drive India-US Ties In Coming Decade
- Nepal’s Ruling Coalition Holds For Now, But Cracks Visible
- ‘An Indian Narrative On Climate Change Is Urgently Needed’
- Indian Navy’s Engagement In IOR & Indo-Pacific, The TIDES Way