Is China’s “wolf warrior” diplomacy now out? President Xi Jinping has directed officials to create a “trustworthy, lovable and respectable” image for the country. “China must make friends extensively,” state run Xinhua news service quoted him saying, ” be open and confident but also modest and humble”. Former Chinese diplomat Wang Yiwei acknowledged that his country’s “image has deteriorated since the pandemic and this needs to be taken seriously.” It remains to be seen how this impacts on China’s ties with crucial trade partners such as the U.S., the EU and Australia.
- India, The World’s ‘Peacekeeper’
- ‘India Cannot Trust Pak Or China, Should Not Vacate Saltoro Ridge’
- ”China’s Ambitions In Space Are Driven By The Need To Dominate, Marginalise Rivals”
- [email protected]: Irrelevant, Irreplaceable or Reformable ?
- Mapping The Past & Present To Anticipate A Better Future: Authors Of ‘Terra Incognita’