Is China’s “wolf warrior” diplomacy now out? President Xi Jinping has directed officials to create a “trustworthy, lovable and respectable” image for the country. “China must make friends extensively,” state run Xinhua news service quoted him saying, ” be open and confident but also modest and humble”. Former Chinese diplomat Wang Yiwei acknowledged that his country’s “image has deteriorated since the pandemic and this needs to be taken seriously.” It remains to be seen how this impacts on China’s ties with crucial trade partners such as the U.S., the EU and Australia.
- ‘The Next Stop Is About India’s Journey To Natural Gas’
- Grants Vs Loans: ‘Developed Nations’ Aid To Developing In $100 Bn Fund Needs Significant Rise’
- ‘Jagmeet Factor’ Could Be Key To Canada’s Election
- It Is Black Or White, Polluters Have To Pay More: Former Mauritius President Ameenah Gurib-Fakim
- Insurgencies & India’s Northeast