Is China’s “wolf warrior” diplomacy now out? President Xi Jinping has directed officials to create a “trustworthy, lovable and respectable” image for the country. “China must make friends extensively,” state run Xinhua news service quoted him saying, ” be open and confident but also modest and humble”. Former Chinese diplomat Wang Yiwei acknowledged that his country’s “image has deteriorated since the pandemic and this needs to be taken seriously.” It remains to be seen how this impacts on China’s ties with crucial trade partners such as the U.S., the EU and Australia.
- G-7 Summit: More Pressure On Russia, BRI Rival Plans & India’s Role In Global Energy, Food Security
- No Thaw, India In China’s Adversarial Crosshairs
- ‘Civil Conflict In Myanmar Has Deepened Uncertainties Over Kaladan Project’
- G7 Summit: Projecting India’s Heft To The Developed World
- Myanmar Junta Troops Take Villagers Hostage
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff