Anas Haqqani, deputy leader of the Taliban and younger brother of Sirajuddin Haqqani, was shown inspecting Kabul airport hours after the last American departed. Anas is seen as the “most lettered” among the Haqqanis; he is a poet and was the chief negotiator meeting various groups including former president Karzai and Abdullah Abdullah. The government will take shape in the following few days, Anas Haqqani has told Al Jazeera.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff