Anas Haqqani, deputy leader of the Taliban and younger brother of Sirajuddin Haqqani, was shown inspecting Kabul airport hours after the last American departed. Anas is seen as the “most lettered” among the Haqqanis; he is a poet and was the chief negotiator meeting various groups including former president Karzai and Abdullah Abdullah. The government will take shape in the following few days, Anas Haqqani has told Al Jazeera.
- ‘Uncertain Road Ahead For Sudan’s New Rulers’
- ‘China’s Influence in South Asia; Vulnerabilities and Resilience in Four Countries’: Carnegie Study
- Sri Lanka, Maldives Cite Major Threats In Region, Laud India’s Response
- ‘The New Border Law May Not Impact India And Bhutan Now …’
- Using Soft Power To Revitalise Bilateral Ties