Twelve cases of the Omicron variant of the Covid-19 virus have been detected in india so far, seven in Pune, one in Delhi and other cases in Gujarat and Karnataka. The new cases come in the wake of the Centre announcing that half the eligible population in the country is double-dose vaccinated against Covid 19. A little over one crore doses were administered on Saturday. Around 85 per cent of the adult population has had one dose so far. A mild Covid wave is expected to peak around Jan-Feb in the new year.
- ‘Pakistan’s Self-Made Crisis Won’t End Anytime Soon’
- Maldives Gets Its Next President But Too Many Ifs Lie Ahead
- ‘Canada Is Not Alone In Challenging India, It Has Powerful Friends’
- Taiwan’s Indigenously Developed Submarine: Haikun
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives