NEW DELHI: The Valdai Discussion Club has for the last 15 years served as a platform to discuss some of the world’s most pressing issues ranging from connectivity to development. India joined the club last year, the aim being to take the India-Russia bilateral dialogue into a broader discussion area where many other countries are present. StratNews Global spoke to Timofei Bordachev, programme director of the club, on the direction of India-Russia ties, and the challenge posed by China’s rise.
Thirty eight years in journalism, widely travelled, history buff with a preference for Old Monk Rum. Current interest/focus spans China, Technology and Trade. Recent reads: Steven Colls Directorate S and Alexander Frater's Chasing the Monsoon. Netflix/Prime video junkie. Loves animal videos on Facebook. Reluctant tweeter.
- U.S. To Stay Engaged In Afghanistan; Ties With India Vital: Blinken
- ‘Blinken’s Visit Underscores India’s Value For US Interests’
- Forcing Sri Lankan Government To Accept The Accord Was A Mistake : Says Former IPKF Chief
- India Should Look Within For Sri Lanka Mess
- ‘No Election Can Alter The Realities Of POK’