NEW DELHI: The Valdai Discussion Club has for the last 15 years served as a platform to discuss some of the world’s most pressing issues ranging from connectivity to development. India joined the club last year, the aim being to take the India-Russia bilateral dialogue into a broader discussion area where many other countries are present. StratNews Global spoke to Timofei Bordachev, programme director of the club, on the direction of India-Russia ties, and the challenge posed by China’s rise.
Thirty eight years in journalism, widely travelled, history buff with a preference for Old Monk Rum. Current interest/focus spans China, Technology and Trade. Recent reads: Steven Colls Directorate S and Alexander Frater's Chasing the Monsoon. Netflix/Prime video junkie. Loves animal videos on Facebook. Reluctant tweeter.
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives
- Dalai Lama, China And The Uncertain Road Ahead For Tibetans
- Xi Jinping’s ‘Organised Loyalty, Entrenched Military Corruption’ & China’s Posture On India Border
- ‘Xi Jinping Has Integrated The Party With The State’
- The China-U.S. New Cold War & Multipolarity: The Shifting Balance Of Power