NEW DELHI: The Valdai Discussion Club has for the last 15 years served as a platform to discuss some of the world’s most pressing issues ranging from connectivity to development. India joined the club last year, the aim being to take the India-Russia bilateral dialogue into a broader discussion area where many other countries are present. StratNews Global spoke to Timofei Bordachev, programme director of the club, on the direction of India-Russia ties, and the challenge posed by China’s rise.
Thirty eight years in journalism, widely travelled, history buff with a preference for Old Monk Rum. Current interest/focus spans China, Technology and Trade. Recent reads: Steven Colls Directorate S and Alexander Frater's Chasing the Monsoon. Netflix/Prime video junkie. Loves animal videos on Facebook. Reluctant tweeter.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff