NEW DELHI: The West may have sanctioned Russia for its invasion of Ukraine but Russian energy supplies have been exempted. The explanation lies in the overdependence of Europe on Russian gas. But the West has been asking India to shun crude oil that Russia has offered India at a discounted price. In this episode of ‘Simply Nitin’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale decodes the Russian oil and gas export matrix and why the debate on whether India should buy Russian crude at discounted rates is a misleading one.
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff
- Sanctions On Russia: S-400 CAATSA Waiver And Economic Impact On India