NEW DELHI: After a decade of democracy, the Myanmar Military has seized power and put the country under emergency rule. There was massive fraud in the voter list for the general elections held last November, the junta says, claiming that emergency has been imposed as per constitutional provisions. In this video chat, StratNews Global Editor Surya Gangadharan and former Special Secretary to the Government of India Pratap Heblikar discuss the ramifications of the recent developments in Myanmar, including the detention of state counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi.
- Ex-Maldives President Nasheed Injured In ‘Terror’ Attack, Aussie Police To Aid Probe
- ‘Chinese Companies Will Take A Big Hit, India Is World’s Second Largest Market’
- IP Waiver For Covid Vaccines A Long Shot As Too Many Issues Remain
- India Needs To Engage More With Immediate Neighbourhood: Shivshankar Menon
- India’s Diplomats ‘More Pro-Active’ Than Ours, Says Imran Khan