NEW DELHI: After a decade of democracy, the Myanmar Military has seized power and put the country under emergency rule. There was massive fraud in the voter list for the general elections held last November, the junta says, claiming that emergency has been imposed as per constitutional provisions. In this video chat, StratNews Global Editor Surya Gangadharan and former Special Secretary to the Government of India Pratap Heblikar discuss the ramifications of the recent developments in Myanmar, including the detention of state counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi.
- Why China Is Playing Hardball In Ladakh
- Shia Cleric Ahead In Iraq Poll But Spoils Will Have To Be Shared
- India Pushes Ambitious Trade Deals, Correction Of ‘Historical Wrongs’
- ‘Indigenous 4G Technology Lays Ground For 5G, It’s Also Secure And Foolproof ‘
- China, Bhutan Deal To Speed Up Border Negotiations: The Back Story