PUNE: For tourism dependent countries such as the Maldives the coronavirus emanating from China poses a huge challenge and Fayyaz Ismail, Minister Of Economic Development In The Maldives believes that containing the coronavirus should be the key priority at the moment. Speaking to Ashwin Ahmad, the minister said that Asian nations needed to become more mindful of the common challenges posed by the virus and more solutions needed to be brought to the table. He conceded however that this would prove to be a challenge as bodies such as SAARC had continued to perform below expectations and hence forums such as the Asian Economic Dialogue were especially important for the Maldives as it could make its voice heard.
Traveller, bibliophile and wordsmith with a yen for international relations. A journalist and budding author of short fiction, life is a daily struggle to uncover the latest breaking story while attempting to be Hemingway in the self-same time. Focussed especially on Europe and West Asia, discussing Brexit, the Iran crisis and all matters related is a passion that endures to this day. Believes firmly that life without the written word is a life best not lived. That’s me, Ashwin Ahmad.
- Ties With India Have Matured But… : Bangladesh Minister Shahriar Alam
- India-U.S. Ties: Continuity Or Change?
- Biden Takes Over Deeply Divided Nation, Has Too Many Challenges Abroad
- Effusive Praise For India As Covid Vaccines Arrive In Bhutan, Maldives
- Free, Secure Indo-Pacific ‘Article Of Faith’, Says India, Seeks Partners In Japan & France