NEW DELHI: While India-Bangladesh relations are at their best currently and New Delhi continues to be the closest partner with Dhaka, like elsewhere in the Indian sub-continent, China has made deep inroads in India’s eastern neighbour not just helping Bangladesh in undertaking massive infrastructure projects but also using soft power to bring on board a large section of the Bangladeshi society, says Maj Gen ANM Muniruzzaman (retd), President of the Bangladesh Institute of Peace and Security Studies (BIPSS), a well-known think tank based Dhaka. He was speaking to StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale in Dhaka last week.
- ‘The Next Stop Is About India’s Journey To Natural Gas’
- Grants Vs Loans: ‘Developed Nations’ Aid To Developing In $100 Bn Fund Needs Significant Rise’
- ‘Jagmeet Factor’ Could Be Key To Canada’s Election
- It Is Black Or White, Polluters Have To Pay More: Former Mauritius President Ameenah Gurib-Fakim
- Insurgencies & India’s Northeast