NEW DELHI: While India-Bangladesh relations are at their best currently and New Delhi continues to be the closest partner with Dhaka, like elsewhere in the Indian sub-continent, China has made deep inroads in India’s eastern neighbour not just helping Bangladesh in undertaking massive infrastructure projects but also using soft power to bring on board a large section of the Bangladeshi society, says Maj Gen ANM Muniruzzaman (retd), President of the Bangladesh Institute of Peace and Security Studies (BIPSS), a well-known think tank based Dhaka. He was speaking to StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale in Dhaka last week.
- Myanmar Junta Marks UN’s Call For Arms Trade Halt With Shopping Trip
- ‘The World Does Not See India As Indispensable To Its Interests’
- India’s Presence In Afghanistan Larger Than It Ought To Be: Pakistan’s Foreign Minister
- Lead-Up To The 1971 War & Creation Of Bangladesh
- A Guide To Contemporary China