NEW DELHI: On ‘The Gist‘, Bilal Sarwary, Senior Journalist in Afghanistan discusses the situation on-the-ground with StratNews Global Associate Editor Amitabh P. Revi. The Taliban has launched an offensive on the north-western provincial capital of Badghis, bordering Turkmenistan after advances in Badakhshan, on the border with Tajikistan. This even as Iran’s Foreign Minister Javad Zarif hosts a Taliban delegation and Afghan officials in Tehran. Meanwhile, India’s External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar stopped over in Tehran on his way for bilateral talks in Moscow. Both meetings have Afghanistan on top of the agenda. After vacating the iconic Bagram airfield on July 2, the U.S. Central Command now estimates it has ‘completed more than 90% of the entire withdrawal process’.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff