NEW DELHI: Amid the withdrawal of foreign troops from Afghanistan, the Taliban regaining control over territory happened in quick time. Many provinces fell like a pack of cards. But Panjshir Valley is still holding out. Former vice-president Amrullah Saleh has joined forces with the National Resistance Front spearheaded by Ahmad Massoud, the son of Afghanistan’s most famed anti-Taliban fighter late Ahmad Shah Massoud. Here’s a lowdown on the history of resistance from Panjshir.
- The Launch Of ONDC Will Revolutionise Open E-Commerce, Making It More Inclusive And Accessible
- After Abe As Japan’s ‘Compass’: India, Indo-Pacific, Quad & China
- ‘Not Hard-pressed As Of Now By Ukraine War, Have Adequate Stocks Of Spares’
- Sri Lanka: Northern Families Forced To Give Up Children To Foster Care
- ‘Different Systems Make Up The Indo-Pacific; Accept That Reality’
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff