NEW DELHI: Amid the withdrawal of foreign troops from Afghanistan, the Taliban regaining control over territory happened in quick time. Many provinces fell like a pack of cards. But Panjshir Valley is still holding out. Former vice-president Amrullah Saleh has joined forces with the National Resistance Front spearheaded by Ahmad Massoud, the son of Afghanistan’s most famed anti-Taliban fighter late Ahmad Shah Massoud. Here’s a lowdown on the history of resistance from Panjshir.
- As US Leads Allies In Making Up With China, India Weighs Its Options
- Critical And Emerging Tech To Drive India-US Ties In Coming Decade
- Nepal’s Ruling Coalition Holds For Now, But Cracks Visible
- ‘An Indian Narrative On Climate Change Is Urgently Needed’
- Indian Navy’s Engagement In IOR & Indo-Pacific, The TIDES Way