When will the ‘jang’ (fighting) stop, asks an Afghan widow from the four-decade-old conflict. A seven-day ‘Reduction in Violence’ agreement between the U.S. and the Taliban is in place. If that holds, a deal is expected to be signed in Doha on February 29. Meanwhile, a country is crying out for peace. Afghanistan is not just about suicide attacks and bomb blasts, it’s also about an all-woman orchestra Zohra (the Perisan goddess of music) conducted by Negin Khpalwak, spin sensation Rashid Khan, the Bamiyan Buddhas, Olympic medallist Rohullah Nikpai and innumerable other names.
September 24, 2021
September 23, 2021
- Modi Gets A Gentle Nudge on Human Rights But All’s Well
- Quad, AUKUS And Bilateral Complementarities In Countering China
- Modi’s U.S Visit: Afghanistan, Nuclear ‘Sub’-Text & A Lot More
- ‘U.S. Shouldn’t Turn A Blind Eye To Pak-backed Khalistanis, It Could Affect China Confrontation’
- ‘QUAD Rotors Are In Place, Time For Liftoff’