No agreement has been signed between the Sri Lankan Government and the IMF but an understanding has been reached, Leader of the House and Minister of Education Dr Susil Premajayantha has told Parliament. He was responding to questions by the Opposition on why the IMF agreement had not been tabled in the House. Discussions (with the IMF) have begun and the only understanding until now has been to enter into an extended fund facility for four years, he said. No agreement with the IMF would be revealed to Parliament or the Cabinet of Ministers unless it is approved by the Executive Board of the IMF, he added.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff