No agreement has been signed between the Sri Lankan Government and the IMF but an understanding has been reached, Leader of the House and Minister of Education Dr Susil Premajayantha has told Parliament. He was responding to questions by the Opposition on why the IMF agreement had not been tabled in the House. Discussions (with the IMF) have begun and the only understanding until now has been to enter into an extended fund facility for four years, he said. No agreement with the IMF would be revealed to Parliament or the Cabinet of Ministers unless it is approved by the Executive Board of the IMF, he added.
December 3, 2023
- Indian Navy’s Engagement In IOR & Indo-Pacific, The TIDES Way
- A Peace Nobel Winner Never At Peace With The World
- Why Indigenous Technology Must Form The Core Of India’s National Security Strategy
- China Challenge: ‘India’s Geopolitics Should Be Threat-Based’
- Nepal’s Pro-King, Pro-Hindu Rallies Mask Deepening Economic Crisis