NEW DELHI: As geopolitics over the Indo-Pacific hots up, the Andaman and Nicobar Islands—India’s easternmost seaboard—find themselves in the midst of renewed focus and infrastructure development activities. Their location, close to the Malacca Straits, is a strategic asset as is their proximity to Indonesia and Thailand. In this episode of ‘The Gist’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale, who’s just back from the islands, is in conversation with Shakti Sinha, former Chief Secretary of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Why China Is Playing Hardball In Ladakh
- Shia Cleric Ahead In Iraq Poll But Spoils Will Have To Be Shared
- India Pushes Ambitious Trade Deals, Correction Of ‘Historical Wrongs’
- ‘Indigenous 4G Technology Lays Ground For 5G, It’s Also Secure And Foolproof ‘
- China, Bhutan Deal To Speed Up Border Negotiations: The Back Story