NEW DELHI: As geopolitics over the Indo-Pacific hots up, the Andaman and Nicobar Islands—India’s easternmost seaboard—find themselves in the midst of renewed focus and infrastructure development activities. Their location, close to the Malacca Straits, is a strategic asset as is their proximity to Indonesia and Thailand. In this episode of ‘The Gist’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale, who’s just back from the islands, is in conversation with Shakti Sinha, former Chief Secretary of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- ‘India Cannot Trust Pak Or China, Should Not Vacate Saltoro Ridge’
- ”China’s Ambitions In Space Are Driven By The Need To Dominate, Marginalise Rivals”
- [email protected]: Irrelevant, Irreplaceable or Reformable ?
- Mapping The Past & Present To Anticipate A Better Future: Authors Of ‘Terra Incognita’
- Combating China, Broadening Backlash