NEW DELHI: As geopolitics over the Indo-Pacific hots up, the Andaman and Nicobar Islands—India’s easternmost seaboard—find themselves in the midst of renewed focus and infrastructure development activities. Their location, close to the Malacca Straits, is a strategic asset as is their proximity to Indonesia and Thailand. In this episode of ‘The Gist’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale, who’s just back from the islands, is in conversation with Shakti Sinha, former Chief Secretary of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Indian Navy’s Engagement In IOR & Indo-Pacific, The TIDES Way
- A Peace Nobel Winner Never At Peace With The World
- Why Indigenous Technology Must Form The Core Of India’s National Security Strategy
- China Challenge: ‘India’s Geopolitics Should Be Threat-Based’
- Nepal’s Pro-King, Pro-Hindu Rallies Mask Deepening Economic Crisis