NEW DELHI: Reeling under an unprecedented economic crisis, as Sri Lanka turned to the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to get its foreign debt restructured, China that has extended loans to the island nation is upset. The Chinese ambassador to Sri Lanka has said the move will ‘definitely have an impact on future bilateral loans’. This is the 17th time Sri Lanka has gone to the IMF, says Sri Lanka’s Finance Minister Ali Sabry. It’s the only choice we had and we hope China understands our position and cooperates with us, he told StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale in an exclusive interview.
January 25, 2024
January 19, 2024
- Indian Air Force’s China Challenge In Ladakh And A Slice Of Tibet
- The Indian Air Force & The China, Pakistan Two-Front Ladakh Threat: Leh AFS AoC Interview
- DRDO National Asset But Needs Smart Changes
- India’s Infra Thrust To Ladakh: Countering China & Pakistan
- Continuing China Talks But Maintaining Robust LAC Posture: Army Chief