NEW DELHI: One year after the Galwan clash, the standoff between India and China continues in eastern Ladakh though partial disengagement has taken place. If Galwan was a game-changer where India gave it back to China, there was another incident 35 years ago when India stood firm and displayed aggressive intent against Chinese intrusion in Arunachal Pradesh. India quickly mobilised troops, just like it did in Ladakh last year, and signalled to the China that it was ready for a fight. In this episode of ‘Simply Nitin’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief looks back at what happened in Sumdorong Chu in June 1986.
- U.S. To Stay Engaged In Afghanistan; Ties With India Vital: Blinken
- ‘Blinken’s Visit Underscores India’s Value For US Interests’
- Forcing Sri Lankan Government To Accept The Accord Was A Mistake : Says Former IPKF Chief
- India Should Look Within For Sri Lanka Mess
- ‘No Election Can Alter The Realities Of POK’