NEW DELHI: It’s India’s only region that has a dedicated ministry to look after its development needs. That’s because the Northeast largely remained out of focus as policy makers at the Centre seemed out of sync with public aspirations and ground realities in the decades that followed India’s Independence. That led to a sense of alienation, not all of it was perceived though, among the population. Pent-up frustration and anger gave rise to a spate of insurgencies, as StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale describes in this episode of ‘Simply Nitin’.
December 3, 2023
- Indian Navy’s Engagement In IOR & Indo-Pacific, The TIDES Way
- A Peace Nobel Winner Never At Peace With The World
- Why Indigenous Technology Must Form The Core Of India’s National Security Strategy
- China Challenge: ‘India’s Geopolitics Should Be Threat-Based’
- Nepal’s Pro-King, Pro-Hindu Rallies Mask Deepening Economic Crisis