NEW DELHI: Disengagement of Indian and Chinese troops from the north and south banks of Pangong Tso in eastern Ladakh may have begun but what if China attempts any misadventure in the maritime domain? It’s here that the Indian Navy, a potent force in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR), comes in. Currently in the midst of its biggest war gaming exercise TROPEX, the Navy has displayed its prowess in the 1971 war and the Kargil conflict in 1999. But other than performing its duty as a military force, what does the Indian Navy do? In this episode of ‘Simply Nitin’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale talks about the roles of the most ‘unseen’ of India’s three services.
- Ex-Maldives President Nasheed Injured In ‘Terror’ Attack, Aussie Police To Aid Probe
- ‘Chinese Companies Will Take A Big Hit, India Is World’s Second Largest Market’
- IP Waiver For Covid Vaccines A Long Shot As Too Many Issues Remain
- India Needs To Engage More With Immediate Neighbourhood: Shivshankar Menon
- India’s Diplomats ‘More Pro-Active’ Than Ours, Says Imran Khan