NEW DELHI: In keeping with its aim of having a lean and mean military and bringing about increased cohesion among the three services, the government created the post of Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) last year and installed Gen. Bipin Rawat. The next stage of higher defence reforms aims at creation of joint commands which the CDS has been working on. Militaries worldwide have struggled to do that. The United States is a case in point. In the first of a two part series of ‘Simply Nitin’ on joint commands, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale looks back at India’s military history to see how the three services have functioned over the years. The concluding part of the series will air at 7 pm tomorrow on StratNews Global’s YouTube channel.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff