NEW DELHI: Russia had been massing troops along the border with Ukraine for days, if not months, fuelling anxiety and speculation about if and when it would attack its neighbour. The suspense ended on February 24 when Russian troops got the nod to cross the border. The West had warned Russian President Vladimir Putin against any such misadventure, saying the consequences would be severe. The U.S. and its European allies have imposed economic sanctions on Russia and are scaling it up with each day. Why then did Putin take such a big risk? In this episode of ‘Simply Nitin’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale has the answers.
December 3, 2023
- Indian Navy’s Engagement In IOR & Indo-Pacific, The TIDES Way
- A Peace Nobel Winner Never At Peace With The World
- Why Indigenous Technology Must Form The Core Of India’s National Security Strategy
- China Challenge: ‘India’s Geopolitics Should Be Threat-Based’
- Nepal’s Pro-King, Pro-Hindu Rallies Mask Deepening Economic Crisis