NEW DELHI: One thing that stood out in the run-up to the just concluded assembly elections in Assam was the absence of insurgency dominating the popular discourse. Even political parties refrained from using it as a campaign tool. But rewind a couple of decades and ULFA was the buzzword, dominating the socio-political landscape in Assam and unleashing a reign of terror. In this episode of ‘Simply Nitin’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale chronicles the years when the state, the tea industry in particular, went through the horrors of extortion and killings.
December 3, 2023
- Indian Navy’s Engagement In IOR & Indo-Pacific, The TIDES Way
- A Peace Nobel Winner Never At Peace With The World
- Why Indigenous Technology Must Form The Core Of India’s National Security Strategy
- China Challenge: ‘India’s Geopolitics Should Be Threat-Based’
- Nepal’s Pro-King, Pro-Hindu Rallies Mask Deepening Economic Crisis