NEW DELHI: One thing that stood out in the run-up to the just concluded assembly elections in Assam was the absence of insurgency dominating the popular discourse. Even political parties refrained from using it as a campaign tool. But rewind a couple of decades and ULFA was the buzzword, dominating the socio-political landscape in Assam and unleashing a reign of terror. In this episode of ‘Simply Nitin’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale chronicles the years when the state, the tea industry in particular, went through the horrors of extortion and killings.
- ‘India Cannot Trust Pak Or China, Should Not Vacate Saltoro Ridge’
- ”China’s Ambitions In Space Are Driven By The Need To Dominate, Marginalise Rivals”
- [email protected]: Irrelevant, Irreplaceable or Reformable ?
- Mapping The Past & Present To Anticipate A Better Future: Authors Of ‘Terra Incognita’
- Combating China, Broadening Backlash