NEW DELHI: India was among the first countries to help Sri Lanka, which is struggling to cope with its worst economic crisis. I profusely thank India for whatever they have done to steer Sri Lanka out of trouble, says the island nation’s Finance Minister Ali Sabry. In an exclusive interview with StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale, Sabry said his Indian counterpart did put in a word that really helped Sri Lanka at the IMF. India has done more than its fair share as a neighbour and friend; Indian leaders such as PM Modi, Foreign Minister Jaishankar and Finance Minister Sitharaman are more interested in bailing out Sri Lanka than Sri Lankan politicians, added Sabry.
October 2, 2023
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives
- Dalai Lama, China And The Uncertain Road Ahead For Tibetans
- Xi Jinping’s ‘Organised Loyalty, Entrenched Military Corruption’ & China’s Posture On India Border
- ‘Xi Jinping Has Integrated The Party With The State’
- The China-U.S. New Cold War & Multipolarity: The Shifting Balance Of Power