NEW DELHI: India was among the first countries to help Sri Lanka, which is struggling to cope with its worst economic crisis. I profusely thank India for whatever they have done to steer Sri Lanka out of trouble, says the island nation’s Finance Minister Ali Sabry. In an exclusive interview with StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale, Sabry said his Indian counterpart did put in a word that really helped Sri Lanka at the IMF. India has done more than its fair share as a neighbour and friend; Indian leaders such as PM Modi, Foreign Minister Jaishankar and Finance Minister Sitharaman are more interested in bailing out Sri Lanka than Sri Lankan politicians, added Sabry.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff