NEW DELHI: The induction of modern equipment by the Chinese PLA as part of reforms may be impressive to look at but they pose several challenges to the force itself, says Eastern Army Commander Lt Gen Manoj Pande, who has been named as the next Army Chief. If you have resources, you can buy equipment but it’s a different matter to operationalize them, Lt Gen Pande told StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale at a forward location in Arunachal Pradesh in September, 2021. And if the PLA is undertaking reforms, “our forces are also looking at methods to increase operational efficiency, achieve optimization and better value for money”. Lt Gen Pande is currently serving as the Vice Chief of the Army Staff.
October 2, 2023
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives
- Dalai Lama, China And The Uncertain Road Ahead For Tibetans
- Xi Jinping’s ‘Organised Loyalty, Entrenched Military Corruption’ & China’s Posture On India Border
- ‘Xi Jinping Has Integrated The Party With The State’
- The China-U.S. New Cold War & Multipolarity: The Shifting Balance Of Power