NEW DELHI: On ‘The Gist‘, Lt Gen P.R. Shankar (Retd), Former Director General of Artillery in the Indian Army and currently Professor of Practice at the Aerospace Department at IIT Madras in conversation with StratNews Global Associate Editor Amitabh P. Revi. Gen Shankar discusses “Russia starting supply of the S-400 air defence system to India, with the first division to be delivered by the end of 2021”, why it’s a ‘game changer’ for its capabilities and characteristics with respect to China and Pakistan, how the India-U.S. and Russia-India game changes, potential American CAATSA sanctions, the impact on the Sino-Russia-India triangle and a change in national sentiment.
- A Guide To Contemporary China
- Central Asia Turning Point: Russia-Ukraine War, China Footprint, India Partnership, Afghanistan Flux
- ‘Indian Economy Very Resilient, Can Grow At 9% This Fiscal’
- Labour Victory In Australia Could See Re-balance In Favour Of China
- ‘Next 12 Months Will Be Very Turbulent For The World Economy’
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff