LADAKH: The standoff along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh is into its sixth month. At those dizzy heights, winter makes it worse, both for the Indian troops who resolutely guard the frontier and the people who work behind the scenes to ensure there is no disruption in the supply chains. With additional troops deployed this year, the challenge to keep the troops well-fed, warm and fighting fit is bigger. StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale, who recently toured the forward areas, reports on the complexity of the exercise and the effort that goes in.
- China Is An enemy, It Wants To Break Apart India: Gordon Chang
- ‘To Draw Investment, Sri Lanka Needs To Send The Right Signals’
- Election Of Hardline Iran President May Not Kill Nuclear Deal
- ‘China May Not Provoke Conflict But Will Strike If Opportunity Presents’
- ‘India Should Not Hold Back From Talking To Nato’