NEW DELHI: China had tried to needle India on the Arunachal border during Kargil conflict in 1999. How was that crisis handled? The story has never been told. Until now. Narrating what happened on the ground are Lt Gen DB Shekatkar (retd), Maj Gen VDI Devavaram (retd) and Maj Gen PD Halur (retd). Gen Shekatkar was GoC 4 Corps, Gen Devavaram commanded the Tawang Brigade and Gen Halur was the CO of 8 Mahar in 1999.
Nitin A. Gokhale
Film buff. Sports enthusiast. Keen observer of life. Writes for a living; analyses defence and foreign policy as a professional. 37 years in journalism: from print to broadcast and from web to social media, have had the opportunity to dabble across mediums. Love to experiment with startups. That’s me, Nitin Anant Gokhale.
- Free, Secure Indo-Pacific ‘Article Of Faith’, Says India, Seeks Partners In Japan & France
- Beginning Tomorrow, Made In India Covid Vaccines to Reach Neighbourhood First
- ‘Armed Conflict Across Taiwan Strait Inevitable; The Only Question Is When’
- Afghan Partners Call for Ceasefire, Expedited Peace Effort
- Corporations Throw Off ‘Brand Trump’ As Presidency Comes To An End