NEW DELHI: The aggressive measures announced by China against Taiwan in response to Nancy Pelosi’s visit are an attempt to recover its lost face and credibility, says Dr Lai Yi Chung, President, Prospect Foundation, Taiwan. There’s no indication yet that China is moving towards seizing some outlying Taiwanese island but we need to watch out for what it will do after the three days of military exercises beginning Thursday that it has announced, he told StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale.
- As US Leads Allies In Making Up With China, India Weighs Its Options
- Critical And Emerging Tech To Drive India-US Ties In Coming Decade
- Nepal’s Ruling Coalition Holds For Now, But Cracks Visible
- ‘An Indian Narrative On Climate Change Is Urgently Needed’
- Indian Navy’s Engagement In IOR & Indo-Pacific, The TIDES Way